Online identity theft, simply put, is impersonation on an online platform. If someone else pretends to be you — either by stealing your credentials and logging into your account or by creating a fake account that others believe is yours – then your identity has been stolen.
There are a number of ways – data breaches, phishing, mishandled passwords, and more – through which personal data collected by an organization can be compromised, giving rise to the risk of identity theft. There are also a number of ways in which Akku, the Identity and Access Management (IAM) solution by CloudNow, can help you prevent it.
With Akku, you can:
- Set up a strong password policy across your cloud-based and on-premise applications. This will make sure that users do not settle for weak passwords which can be easily hacked.
- Employ multi-factor authentication (MFA) to enhance the security of your applications, especially those that carry sensitive data.
- Keep DNS filters active and effectively block out malicious websites that your employees may try to access, even when they are outside the office network.
- Block access to employees’ personal emails at work. In this way, phishing emails will remain out of the organizational network and internal (malicious) data breaches can also be prevented.
- Set up IP- and device-based restrictions so that access to your applications is denied when users try to log in from unsafe locations or unrecognized devices.
- Set up time-based and location-based restrictions to prevent sign in attempts from new locations or countries that are not in keeping with the usual behavior of the user in question.
- Educate your users by sending out bulk announcements that cannot be missed, and providing them with training material that will teach them to stay safe.
To know more about Akku and how you can not only protect your user data but also enhance productivity across your organization, get in touch with us now!